MISSION: BECOME A 9TH GRADE NINJA!
The 9th Grade Year in your Journey to Confirmation is very special. You are in high school now. You are ready to take all that you have learned in Middle School and start putting it into practice in real life.
Being part of a faith community is important to your spiritual growth. We want you to attend five YOWIES during your ninth grade year. Submit this badge every time you attend to work up to YOWIES GOLD!
We will meet together in the Fall to take the Clifton Strengths Finder and talk about how to hear God’s Calling in your life.
Answer the following questions to get Credit.
- What are your top five strengths (please contact the admin if you did not receive your assessment code)?
- How do you see God calling you to use your Strengths during your years in High School?
My Neighbor’s Faith
This unit has two parts.
First, your group will visit four different worship experiences. Each time you visit, submit the Church Visit Badge.
Second, we will gather to discuss how to be a Christian Neighbor in a world with many religions.
Answer the following questions and submit to get credit for this visit:
- Where did you visit?
- When did you visit?
- Who was with you when you visited?
- Did your mentor fill out your group discussion form and submit it?
Answer the following Questions to get credit:
- When did you meet for this conversation?
- In what way did discussing other faith traditions impact how you think about your own faith practices?
We will spend a weekend at Camp Wapo and talk about how to build strong, healthy, God-centered relationships with friends, family, and romantic partners.
This is the final moment of your Confirmation Journey where everything comes together. Create a project of your choosing that communicates who you are as a follower of Jesus and what Confirmation means to you.
This is the final project before Confirmation. Please answer the following two questions by either writing an essay, or creating a video/multimedia presentation. Please upload your file.
- How would you explain your faith journey, and why it is important, to a friend at school who might not know anything about God, Jesus, the Holy Spirit, or the church?
- Why do you want to be Confirmed? What does it mean to you?